What is jsTree?
jsTree is absolutely free (licensed same as jQuery – under the terms of either the MIT License).
Still, if you would like to help this project - click the support link on the left.
Features at a glance:
- Various data sources - HTML, JSON, XML
- Supports AJAX loading
- Drag & drop support
- Highly configurable
- Theme support + included themes
- Uses jQuery's event system
- Optional keyboard navigation
- Maintain the same tree in many languages
- Inline editing
- Open/close optional animation
- Define node types and fine tune them
- Configurable multitree drag & drop
- Optional checkbox tree support
- Search function
- Supports plugins
- Optional state saving using cookies
Currently supported browsers are:
- Internet Explorer 6+ *
- Mozilla Firefox 2+
- Safari 3+
- Opera 9+
- Google Chrome
* As of version 0.9.9 there are some minor visual defects (GIF icons instead of PNG, type icons not working, animations are disabled, etc) in IE 6, but jsTree is still be functional. I am aware of the glitches but will not fix them - the world (and jsTree) will be prettier with IE6 out of the picture.
As of v.1.0rc (rev.163) the default theme supports IE6 - it is pretty easy to port the other themes, so anyone is welcome to do it - just see how it is done in the default theme.